Sony is known to make the best gadgets, especially card radios. Their radios are usually affordable and come with a lot of Amazon features. However, sometimes, you get to face some problems with Sony car radios.
Since you’re reading this, you’re probably dealing with some Sony car radio problems. Don’t fret: I’ve got you covered. Because in this article, I’ll tell you about all the problems with Sony Car Radio and their solutions.
Sony Car Radios:
Sony is no stranger to the car audio game. They’ve been making some of the best head units in the business for years now. When it comes to quality, these guys don’t mess around. Their reputation in the car audio community is top-notch, and for good reason.
Sony car radios are known for their crystal-clear sound, intuitive controls, and sleek design.
But what really sets Sony apart from the competition is its attention to detail. Every aspect of their head units is carefully crafted to provide the best possible user experience.
Sony has covered you whether you’re looking for Bluetooth connectivity, HD radio, Apple CarPlay or Android Auto compatibility.
10 Sony car radio problems And their Solutions:
Indeed, the Sony car head units are the best, but sometimes you may encounter some very annoying problems with them. For that reason, now I’m going to tell you about all of the most common problems with Sony Radio and their solutions.
1-Sony Car Radio Buttons Are Not Working.
Many Sony car radio users have said that their head unit’s buttons aren’t working. No matter how hard they push the buttons, the buttons just freeze; they’re not working. Some users have also reported that the only button that is working on their head unit is the power button.
The rest of the buttons aren’t working. So, what’s the problem? There are many potential causes of button malfunctions on Sony vehicle radios, including software bugs, filthy faceplates, and hardware problems. What’s the solution?
Following the procedures listed below will allow you to overcome this problem with ease:
- Turn off the car and remove the faceplate of the radio.
- Get a little alcohol, dip a cotton swab into and then rub that on the faceplate. Also, clean all the buttons and the head unit display.
- Reattach the faceplate and turn on the car to see if the buttons are working properly.
- If the issue continues, try resetting the radio by pressing the reset button or unplugging the radio for a few minutes.
- If you’re still having the issue after applying methods, then it means that there is something wrong with the hardware itself. So, get professional help ASAP.
Check our Guide about: Best Single DIN Head Units
2-Sony car stereo is not turning on.
What if you’re trying to turn on your Sony car head unit, but it’s not just turning on? What’s the problem?
Well, when the Sony head unit doesn’t turn on, it could be due to a variety of reasons, such as a dead battery, a blown fuse, or a faulty power connection. But, this issue is quite easy to solve. Let’s learn how to fix it.
Follow the below-mentioned step-by-step guide to fix this issue.
- First, check to ensure all the power connection wires are properly connected, and the fuse is not blown.
- If the radio is still not turning on, check your car battery to make sure it’s not dead.
- If the problem persists, try resetting the car stereo. Look for a reset button or consult the manual for instructions on how to do so.
- You might need to take your car audio to a professional for repair or replacement if none of the aforementioned fixes resolves the problem.
3-Sony car play not working?
Apple CarPlay in the Sony head unit is one of the most important things for users. If it doesn’t work, then it keeps you from listening to your favorite music in the car, which is hell annoying.
Sony’s CarPlay may not be functioning for a number of reasons, including a defective USB cable, Bluetooth communication issues, an out-of-date iOS version, or app integration issues. Let’s discover how to solve this problem:
- Restart your phone to see if it resolves any issues related to your smartphone.
- Check if the USB cable is working correctly. If it’s not, replace it with a new one.
- Ensure that Bluetooth is turned on and functioning properly.
- Make sure your iOS version is up to date.
- If you’re having trouble connecting your phone to the car stereo, go to Settings > General > CarPlay, choose the vehicle you’re trying to connect to and select Forget This Car. Then, restart your phone and try to connect again.
- If none of the above steps work, it may be a hardware issue, and you might have to take the car stereo to a professional for repair or replacement.
4-Sony Car Stereo Bluetooth Not Working
Bluetooth allows you to listen to your favorite songs in your car as well as take phone calls wirelessly in our cars. However, when it stops working, keeps disconnecting, or doesn’t work, then it’s quite agitating.
There are several potential causes for Bluetooth issues on Sony car stereos, including a broken Bluetooth connection, a dead battery, or a problem with the ground connection.
To fix the bluetooth of any Sony car head unit, below are the steps that you have to follow.
- First, make sure that your Bluetooth audio device is paired with your car stereo system.
- Check your car battery to ensure it’s not dead, as this can affect Bluetooth connectivity.
- Inspect the ground connection for rust or looseness. If you find any issues, replace the connection.
- Try restarting both the car stereo and the Bluetooth device and attempting to connect again.
- It may be a hardware issue if none of the above steps work. If so, then you better get professional help.
5-Sony car stereo no sound
The other most common complaint that Sony users have reported is that the Sony car stereo has no sound. Everything is working well on the head unit—the lights, buttons, and everything—but the sound isn’t coming into the speakers.
A dead battery, blown fuses, broken wiring, or damaged speakers are just a few of the potential causes of a Sony vehicle radio going silent.
- First, make sure the power wires are connected properly and the fuse isn’t blown.
- For a thorough cleaning of the faceplate’s metal contacts, use rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab.
- Use the reset button to restart the car audio.
- Ensure the correct audio source is selected, and a compatible device is plugged into the correct input.
- Check if the speakers and wiring are in good condition and not damaged.
- If any of these steps don’t work for you, then it’s you should ask for professional help. Don’t try to fix the hardware yourself if you don’t have experience. Because you may worsen the condition of the head unit.
6-Sony Car Stereo Tuner Not Working
The 7th most common problem that I found among Sony users is that their head unit’s stereo stops working.
Many factors, including a poor ground wire, a short in the wiring, a damaged antenna, or a defective tuner, could cause the tuner on a Sony car audio to not function.
- First, ensure all the power connection wires are connected properly, and the fuse is not blown.
- Next, inspect the antenna and tuner for any damage. If there is damage, you may need to replace them.
- Take a look at the wiring for any damage or shorts that could be causing the issue.
- If you’re still having problems, try resetting the car stereo by pressing the RESET button.
- It’s possible that the stereo’s hardware is the cause of the issue if none of these fixes the issue. If so, you might need to bring it to a specialist for maintenance or replacement.
7-Sony Car Stereo Display Not Working
A lot of times, it happens that your Sony head unit stops displaying anything on its screen, whether it’s a touch or non-touch unit. If the display on a Sony car stereo is not working, it could be due to a wiring problem, blown fuse, or power connection issue.
- Start by checking to ensure all the power connection wires are properly connected, and the fuse is not blown.
- If the issue continues, check all the speaker channel connections to ensure they’re secure. If an amplifier is installed, ensure it’s connected correctly and has power.
- If your car stereo has an audio Attenuation (ATT) feature, turn it off, as it could cause the problem.
- If you’re still experiencing issues, try resetting the car stereo receiver. If that doesn’t work, you may need to seek professional service.
- To check if the fuse is blown, you can use a multimeter to test the metal caps of the fuse. If the multimeter shows a reading, the fuse is not blown. If there’s no reading, you’ll need to replace the fuse.
8-Sony Radio won’t turn on or power up.
What if your Sony radio won’t turn on or power up? What’s the reason for this issue? A wiring issue, a blown fuse, or a problem with the power connection could all be to blame for a Sony vehicle radio that won’t switch on or power up.
- First off, make sure all the power connection wires are properly connected.
- Make sure the fuse is not blown by checking it. To check the metal caps on the fuse, use a multimeter. Replace the fuse if there is no reading.
- If your car stereo system has a detachable faceplate, clean the metal contacts using a cotton swab.
- Try turning on the car stereo system. If it still won’t turn on, press the RESET button.
- Make sure all the speaker channel connections are secure. If you have an amplifier installed, check that it’s connected correctly and has power.
- If your car stereo receiver has an audio Attenuation (ATT) feature, make sure it’s turned off.
- If none of the above steps work, you might need to get your system serviced. Head to Product Repair to find out more.
9-Sony USB or AUX port not working.
A wiring issue, a poor connection, or a damaged cable could be to blame for the USB or AUX port on a Sony vehicle audio not working. Let’s correct it.
- Check if your USB or AUX device is properly connected to your car stereo. If it’s not recognized, remove it and try connecting it again.
- Make sure all your speaker channel connections are secure and that your amplifier, if you have one, is connected correctly and powered.
- If your car stereo has an audio Attenuation (ATT) feature, make sure it’s turned off.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your car stereo and wait for about a minute. Then, reconnect the cable to your car stereo.
- If you don’t have any USB device connected, turn off your car stereo and wait for about a minute. Then, turn it back on.
- If you’ve tried all the previous steps and the unresolved issue, you may need to get your car stereo serviced. You can go to Product Repair for assistance.
10-Sony unit is getting stuck in demo mode.
When the Sony head unit gets stuck in demo mode, all of the buttons on the head unit stop working. So, let’s fix this issue now.
- Press the HOME button on your Sony car radio.
- Go to the settings menu and find “Demo” to turn it off.
- If you’re still having issues, check that the Bluetooth microphone is plugged into the MIC input and not the REMOTE IN on the back of the stereo.
- If the problem persists, hit MENU and use the control dial to select DISPLAY.
- Click the control dial and use it again to select DEMO.
- Turn the dial to pick DEMO OFF and click the control dial.
- In order to return to regular reception and Play mode, press the back button twice.
That’s how you can solve it:
Now you know about the 10 Sony car radio problems and their solutions. I’ve taught you everything step by step so that you may not get stuck in the middle of the process.
But still, if you have any questions related to the topic, let me know in the comment section below. I’d love to help you out.